On 3 July 2017, the Australian Stone Advisory Association (ASAA) circulated information regarding proposed changes to its Constitution, which are designed to “fully represent the interests of all elements of the industry.” A vote on a Special Resolution was required to amend the Constitution.
Financial members were invited to vote in person at the AGM, which was held at Holmesglen TAFE on 26 July 2017, or via a proxy vote. The Resolution was passed and the revised Constitution will soon be available for review at www.asaa.com.au.
The members of the Board remain unchanged, as nominations and elections of new directors are now held biennially. The current Board consists of:
- CEO: Peter Mitchelhill, CDK Stone (VIC)
- Wayne Blakeney, Absolute Stone (WA)
- Jim Mann, Stone Initiatives & Materials Testing (SA)
- Rolf Offerhaus, Ardex Australia (NSW)
- Bruno Repeti, Stone Concept Holdings (NSW)
- David West, Materialswise (NSW)
- Carolyn Spralja, Cairns Marble (QLD)
- Michael Steel, BAM Stone (VIC)
In light of the changes to the Constitution the Board will now determine its next steps.
Following the AGM the ASAA presented a panel discussion entitled Natural Stone – Naturally Sustainable, which was well received by all attendees.